Pages

17 March 2010

Weekly Dose

Just took a peek at Post Secret and these two messages stood out for me.


This just makes me think about how the joy or love for something can be ruined when you are forced to do it a certain way or taught to see it a certain way. When your love for something is not what matters, but getting the job done becomes priority. That can be destructive for anyone who is passionate about anything. Your art is no longer art, but work. Your writing is no longer passionate, but forced. 


One of the human issues that I think people let go unnoticed is depression. Sometimes we are aware that someone isn't happy, but don't take further action to find out how bad things really are for this person. We all struggle differently and for different reasons -- it's good to remember not to take anything for granted, including the little signs and cries for help. Some people don't believe in depression, and see it as someone just looking for attention -- what's wrong with giving someone a little more attention if it could save their life?


** Spring break is just around the corner **

2 comments:

Jen Hsieh said...

these are so powerful. post secret is one of my favorite places to get inspired, comforted, and reminded. :)
and i always fear that i'll end up hating what i love, hence why i haven't looked into a lot of photography classes. :(

Charlotte said...

Yes, these are very powerful. I could've used this site a long time ago.

I've seen photos of you, but I'm not sure I've seen photographs by you. I can't wait for your photography website =)