I've heard that before, lol.
I watched the movie with my family this past Saturday, in 3D imax :) Yay, finally experienced my first 3D movie. I really liked that all of the previews were 3D as well. Seems like that is the trend in movies now? It was an interesting experience, except I was hoping that things would really be coming out of the screen, but it was much more about depth of field, making you feel like a part of the scenes. Now, I feel like watching the original animated movie 'cause I don't remember ever watching it =P My favorite part might just be the costumes, lol. Alice's dress in the red queen's castle was WOW. I want it... NOW. lol.
So, I tried out my palette that day. Here is a shot:
Kinda dark, but you get the idea. I used yellow and green with a bit of white and brown =) Used a pink lipstick with a touch of lipgloss. I thought the colors worked well together. What do you think? I'll try to post better quality photos in the future, but this is it for now. The colors come on well. They are highly pigmented... my mom called them paint (?) lol, because they are so vibrant and yeah. You need to be careful not to put too much pressure on the shadow because they seem somewhat sensitive. I'll try to show a picture next time so you know what I mean -- this is according to my mom's experience, not mine. It seemed fine to me, lol. I think she's just a lot more powerful than she thinks =P
And, I just thought I'd show you guys my nails because I've been playing around with them a bit, making designs freehand, lol.
My nails have been growing out, but the polish stayed intact surprisingly longer than it usually does. Can you tell what the design is supposed to be? lol. I used the nail art polish from NYX, which provides a finer brush to paint with.
A friend told me that she uses toothpicks, but I'm not that skilled, yet, lol. I like this, except the white polish has white-out consistency, very thick and hard to control =P I really like french manicures, so I incorporated my own here, and I don't like consistency too much, so I made one odd white design, and the base and tip colors were reversed on my pointer finger.
Here are photos I took with my nail design previous to this one:
Ratings:
First 3D imax film: 4 out of 5 stars
Costumes: 5 out of 5 stars
Manly palette: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Fun post: 5 out of 5 stars, lol
PS I'm older than I look :) Feel free to take a guess.
I watched the movie with my family this past Saturday, in 3D imax :) Yay, finally experienced my first 3D movie. I really liked that all of the previews were 3D as well. Seems like that is the trend in movies now? It was an interesting experience, except I was hoping that things would really be coming out of the screen, but it was much more about depth of field, making you feel like a part of the scenes. Now, I feel like watching the original animated movie 'cause I don't remember ever watching it =P My favorite part might just be the costumes, lol. Alice's dress in the red queen's castle was WOW. I want it... NOW. lol.
So, I tried out my palette that day. Here is a shot:
Kinda dark, but you get the idea. I used yellow and green with a bit of white and brown =) Used a pink lipstick with a touch of lipgloss. I thought the colors worked well together. What do you think? I'll try to post better quality photos in the future, but this is it for now. The colors come on well. They are highly pigmented... my mom called them paint (?) lol, because they are so vibrant and yeah. You need to be careful not to put too much pressure on the shadow because they seem somewhat sensitive. I'll try to show a picture next time so you know what I mean -- this is according to my mom's experience, not mine. It seemed fine to me, lol. I think she's just a lot more powerful than she thinks =P
And, I just thought I'd show you guys my nails because I've been playing around with them a bit, making designs freehand, lol.
My nails have been growing out, but the polish stayed intact surprisingly longer than it usually does. Can you tell what the design is supposed to be? lol. I used the nail art polish from NYX, which provides a finer brush to paint with.
A friend told me that she uses toothpicks, but I'm not that skilled, yet, lol. I like this, except the white polish has white-out consistency, very thick and hard to control =P I really like french manicures, so I incorporated my own here, and I don't like consistency too much, so I made one odd white design, and the base and tip colors were reversed on my pointer finger.
Here are photos I took with my nail design previous to this one:
Wow, this post is turning out to be much more photo-packed and nail-oriented than I had originally planned, haha. Next up is play time with my Essie polish. As you can see I'm very playful. I hate uniformity in almost anything that I do.
Did I mention that I cut my own bangs, lol. They were freshly chopped the day I took these photos.
Until next time,
Ratings:
First 3D imax film: 4 out of 5 stars
Costumes: 5 out of 5 stars
Manly palette: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Fun post: 5 out of 5 stars, lol
PS I'm older than I look :) Feel free to take a guess.



1 comment:
Thanks for your sweet comment! I love your nailpolish!
The photos are made in Amsterdam ;)
Post a Comment