Pages

27 February 2012

Sunday Week In-and-Out #1

I've decided that every Sunday I am going to do a recap of the past week and talk about one goal that I'd like to pursue for the week ahead. For now we'll call it Sunday Week In-and-Out... maybe I'll come up with a better name for it in the near future. 

Anyways, this has been a great week =) It started off well with the Great Aloha Run, which challenged my sister and I physically (and mentally... we started to think about food from around the 5-mile mark to the finish line). I haven't been taking very good care of my physical health for a long time now, and being in as much pain as I was after that run I knew that I needed to change something. I used to run more often, dance, play tennis, and be active in many different activities that challenged me physically. Now I'm lucky if I find myself out walking the dogs. It's time to rebuild the muscles, get the blood flowing, heart pumping, and sweat dripping (? haha). 

Before I can do a whole lot of physical activity, I'm working on keeping myself well hydrated. For the past several days I've been carrying around my favorite purple water bottle (photo to be inserted later) and am working on drinking at least two bottles a day. There were many days when I would forget (I know, how do you forget?!) to drink water and wouldn't realize how thirsty I was until I felt dizzy or my throat felt dry! I noticed that it was a little hard during the first day to drink just ONE bottle of water. In fact, I did not finish the entire bottle, which is only 24 oz. But, I've been drinking more each day, and water tastes sooo good. My body loves it. I'm almost able to drink two bottles in one day. My goal is to drink at least three full bottles, from my 24 oz. water bottle, daily. I'll update more about the water drinking next Sunday :)

The week ended well with a Saturday well spent with my family, and a Sunday well spent with my boyfriend and a great organization that I've recently become a part of. Honestly, I'm really tired, and this post is pretty lengthy, so I'll tell more later. But, in a few words, I've had a lot of good food and laughs with awesome people that I'm happy to have in my life. 

This next week I'd like everyone to take on the challenge of drinking more water everyday... We should be drinking at least eight a day, right? That way we can reap the benefits of being hydrated together :) I'm already finding that I'm more energized and I've been sleeping better. Another goal for this next week is to walk three times this week for 30 minutes each day. I'd like to challenge everyone to push themselves to do a bit more this week than they are used to. If you already walk three times a week, see if you can get yourself to a jog or maybe walk a longer distance. Whatever level you are in walking or running, take it up another notch and work yourself up to more sweat :)

Anyways, it's late and this post may not make complete sense, but I really wanted to get this out. Have a great week ahead everyone! 

No comments: