Uh oh, falling behind on my blogging. I've been meaning to write about my new Reeboks! So, I've had the same pair of running shoes for yeeaaars, like four years?? I'm not really sure how long. I know that's really bad...
I didn't get a chance to really break in these bad boys before the run, but after running over 8 miles in these shoes I'm confident they're nice and broken now :) Honestly, I did not train for the race as much as I wanted to and should have, so by the end of the race I was pretty broken myself. Four days later and I'm happy to report that I'm able to walk like me again.
So, I decided that I wanted, no needed, to buy myself a new pair of shoes for the Great Aloha Run (which I registered for last minute); so my boyfriend and I went shoe hunting. We visited Champ's in Ala Moana and I began to eye out the shoes in the sale section. These Reeboks caught my attention, but in a different color combo (black w/ purple). Unfortunately they didn't have my size :( I hate having small feet. The smallest size they had in stock for these shoes were a 6.
We also checked at Lady Footlocker and Footlocker, only to receive the same answer... my size was not available. So the saleslady at Footlocker suggested I check out the kid's section. Not-so-long story short, I purchased this pair from what they call the "Preschool" section in a size 3 or 4? Basically an equivalent to my adult 5.5 =/ That made me a little sad, but when I saw the cost savings I immediately turned my frown upside down =D
![]() |
| New baby Reeboks :P |
![]() |
| Grey and yellow are one of my favorite color combos! |
Anyways, lesson learned: I'm not 21 anymore. No, but really, I'm going to prepare myself for the next race. It wasn't smart to run 8 miles without preparing my body for the long distance... especially in new shoes. My sister and I have done this race about two or three time together now, and I swear each time we take a little longer and we ache that much more, haha. Our little brother wants to join us next year. We've gotta be good examples and help him train for it.
My new shoes definitely motivate me to want to run more. And, as soon as we get our brother a new pair of running shoes, we'll start prepping him for his first 8-mile run =D Wish us all luck!


No comments:
Post a Comment