Pages

27 April 2010

Do It Yourself!

I remember sometime last year, or awhile ago anyway, my friend and I saw this top at I think Jeans Warehouse at Ward Shopping Center and we were so fascinated with it, lol. It was a white top that had gone through some cutting and weaving, and at the time we were all neat! how was that made?! lol. Well, she actually went and tried it out herself just recently:
and I was so inspired that I decided to try it out myself (by the way, you should definitely check out her blog A Glass of Cristal: The Taste of Living IRATIK), and these are the pieces I've come up with:


This was the first one I made, which was inspired by her top.



This is my most recent piece, where I played with the sleeves, the front...



and the back. I did this piece twice, actually. The first time around it was still loose, so I decided to cut and tie the back. This top is so sexy, I love it!

I have been stressing over my final papers lately, and I have to admit that it is because I've been paying for the consequences of senioritis, but cutting up shirts has been a real stress reliever. I actually really like hands-on projects, but I haven't had the time to do as much as I've wanted to for a long time.

All of these DIY projects are truly inspirational and couldn't have come at a better time. It is a real trend now, but I know it's been around and will continue to be around, but it seems as if with the economy being the way that it is these DIY projects just have that added appeal, and practical value. I mean, how much do these types of shirts go for anyway? Especially when you add a designer name to them? Just grab a shirt that you don't use often, or you feel needs a little pizzaz, find your sharpest pair of scissors and don't be afraid to cut away and experiment!

Well, back to my work. Just three more weeks! Did I already say that? lol. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm almost done.


Hafaguddei <3



1 comment:

Jen Hsieh said...

you did such an amazing job with these shirts!! i'm jealous, i would have no idea where to start! :P
and you're right, adding a designer name to any shirt really increases it value way too much. you could seriously sell these shirts for a ton! :)